Every year at Hope for Wildlife, we assist over 10,000 callers through our wildlife helpline and take over 3,500 wild animals into our care.
If you think you've come across an injured or orphaned wild animal, help is only a phone call away, but the first thing to do is to make sure the animal needs help.
Look for any of the following:
- open wounds
- injured or missing limb
- discharge from the ears, eyes, or nose
- an oily or sticky coating
- large patches of missing feathers or fur
- foreign objects stuck to or wrapped around the body
- hindered movement, staggering, lethargy, or unconsciousness
- a deceased parent nearby
If none of the above signs are apparent, what you are witnessing may be perfectly normal behaviour.
Please follow the appropriate links below to learn more: